Hi all, we are delighted to share the early technical preview of the Microsoft Driver 4.1.5 for PHP for SQL Server. The new driver enables access to SQL Server, Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL DW from any PHP 7+ application.
The major highlights of this release are:
- Added Unicode Column name support(issue #138).
- Fixed issue output parameters bound to empty string (issue #182).
- Fixed issue with SQLSRV_ATTR_FETCHES_NUMERIC_TYPE when column return type is set on statement (issue #173).
- Code structure is updated to facilitate the development; shared codes between both drivers are moved to “shared” folder to avoid code duplication issues in development. To build the driver from source:
- If you are building the driver from source using PHP source, copy the “shared” folder as a subfolder to both the sqlsrv and pdo_sqlsrv folders.
Getting the Preview Refresh
You can find the latest bits on our GitHub repository, at our existing address. We provide limited support while in preview on our GitHub Issues page. As always, we welcome contributions of any kind – Pull Requests, or Feature Enhancements. I’d like to thank everyone on behalf of the team for supporting us in our endeavors to provide you with a high-quality driver. Happy downloading!
Getting the latest Production Ready Driver
Getting Drivers for PHP5 and older runtimes
You can download the Microsoft PHP Drivers for SQL Server for PHP 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6 from the download center: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20098. Version 3.0 supports PHP 5.4, version 3.1 supports PHP 5.4 and PHP 5.5 and version 3.2 supports PHP 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6.
|PHP Driver||Version Supported|
|v3.2||PHP 5.6, 5.5, 5.4|
|v3.1||PHP 5.5, 5.4|
Meet Bhagdev (firstname.lastname@example.org)