Dear PHP Community,
Hi all, we are delighted to share the Preview (4.0.6) of the SQLSRV and PDO_SQLSRV driver (64bit and 32bit) for Linux. Updated Linux drivers are available for applications running PHP7+ on Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 16.04, and RedHat 7.2.
The major highlights of this release is the availability of bug fixes, and new functionality.
Here is a summary of the bug fixes and improvements:
- Drivers versioning has been redesigned as Major#.Minor#.Release#.Build#. Build number is specific to binaries and it doesn't match with the number on the source.
- Fixed the issue with duplicate warning messages in PDO_SQLSRV drivers when error mode is set to PDO::ERRMODE_WARNING.
- Fixed the issue with invalid UTF-8 strings, those are detected before executing any queries and proper error message is returned.
- Fixed segmentation fault in sqlsrv_fetch_object and sqlsrv_fetch_array function.
- Compiler C++ 11 is enabled in config file.
Going forward we plan to expand SQL 16 Feature Support (example: Always Encrypted), build verification/fundamental tests and bug fixes.
Getting the Preview Refresh
You can find the latest bits on our Github repository, or via PECL. We provide limited support while in preview on our Github Issues page. As always, we welcome contributions of any kind – Pull Requests, or Feature Enhancements. I’d like to thank everyone on behalf of the team for supporting us in our endeavors to provide you with a high-quality driver. Happy downloading!
Meet Bhagdev (email@example.com)