Hi all, we are delighted to share the Preview (4.0.4) of the SQLSRV and PDO_SQLSRV driver (64bit and 32bit) for Linux. Updated Linux drivers are available for Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 16.04, and RedHat 7.2.
Here is a summary of the bug fixes and improvements:
- Added following integer SQL Types constants for cases which function-like SQL types constants cannot be used e.g. type comparison:
Note: These constants should be used in type comparison operations (refer to issue #87 and #99 ), and don’t replace the function like constants with the similar syntax, for binding parameters you should use the function-like constants, otherwise you’ll get an error.
- Fixed undefined symbols at SQL* error when loading the drivers.
- Fixed undefined symbol issues at LocalAlloc and LocalFree on RedHat7.2.
- Fixed issue #144 (floating point exception).
- Fixed issue #119 (modifying class name in sqlsrv_fetch_object).
- Added support for EMULATE_PREPARE feature.
Going forward we plan to improve teh quality of the Linux drivers, expand SQL 16 Feature Support for both Windows and Linux (example: Always Encrypted), build verification/fundamental tests, bug fixes.
Getting the Preview Refresh
You can find the latest bits on our Github repository, at our existing address. We provide limited support while in preview on our Github Issues page. As always, we welcome contributions of any kind, be they Pull Requests, or Feature Enhancements. I’d like to thank everyone on behalf of the team for supporting us in our endeavors to provide you with a high-quality driver. Happy downloading!
Meet Bhagdev (firstname.lastname@example.org)