Microsoft Drivers 3.0.1 for PHP for SQL Server with PHP 5.4 Support Released

Dear SQL Server Developer Community,

As you know, two weeks ago, we released our 3.0 drivers along with SQL Server 2012. It was around the same time that PHP 5.4 was also released to the web, and we have received many requests from our community members to support the new PHP runtime. It is my pleasure to announce that we have listened to you, and have updated our drivers to 3.0.1. The major feature added for this release is support for PHP 5.4, as well as some minor bug fixes.

As always, you can find documentation on the driver at our MSDN documentation page, provide feedback on our MSDN Forum and at the SQL Server Connect Site, and download the driver here. Also note that you will require the SQL Server 2012 Native Access Client, available as part of our SQL Server 2012 Feature Pack, viewable here. You can find the source code at our Codeplex Page.

Thanks,

Jonathan Guerin
Program Manager
SQL Connectivity
Microsoft Corporation

1. Moritz Schuster says:

Thanks for the fast release!

Found one bug though with sqlsrv_fetch_object:

class xyz {}

$tsql1 = 'SELECT abc,xyz FROM table_1';

$stmt1 = sqlsrv_query($conn, $tsql1);

$row1 = sqlsrv_fetch_object($stmt1, 'xyz');

$tsql2 = 'SELECT abc,xyz FROM table_2';

$stmt2 = sqlsrv_query($conn, $tsql2);

$row2 = sqlsrv_fetch_object($stmt2);  // NO xyz class here!!

print $row1->abc;     // this works!

print $row1->xyz;     // this doesn't: 'PHP Notice: Undefined property: xyz::$xyz'

print $row2->abc;     // this works!

print $row2->yxz;     // this doesn't: 'PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$xyz'

print_r($row1);print_r($row2);  // this works, it correctly prints the 2 properties and their content for each query!

2. koppah says:

Moritz,

Thanks for reporting it, will we investigate this issue. :)

Cheers,

Jonathan

3. Moritz Schuster says:

Thanks for the quick answer!

I hope my attempt at explaining the problem with code was comprehensible… it's a bit weird this bug!

Should I open a bug report somewhere else, or is it sufficient here?

Thanks

4. koppah says:

I have filed it in our internal tracking system :)

Cheers,

Jonathan

5. koppah says:

I have filed it in our internal tracking system :)

Cheers,

Jonathan

6. Moritz Schuster says:

great, thanks again!

7. ViviYan says:

How to download?

8. koppah says:

Hi ViviYan,

You can download the driver here: http://www.microsoft.com/…/details.aspx

Thanks,

Jonathan

9. Keith Davis says:

Why does the title on this page say 3.0, not 3.01? Also, the description says nothing about 5.4, only 5.3.6

10. koppah says:

Hi Keith,

We only keep the latest minor version mirrored, so we don't go change the version number of the main page. You will notice that the details refer to version 3.0.1.

Thanks for catching the PHP version mistake, I'll fix that when I get back from vacation.

Thanks,

Jonathan

11. Javier says:

descarge el  driver 3.0.1 nts con php 5.4.3  y tambien el clente nativo sugerido pero no logro ver en mi phpinfo() existe algun problema con esa version de php?  baje otro driver  de sql server de la pagina de php/pierre  con eso si lo levante no entiendo por que no levanta con el driver de la pagina oficial

12. koppah says:

Hi Javier,

Lo siento, pero yo no hablo a español. Trató de comprender lo está pidiendo.

Creo que necesitamos al SQL Server 2012 acceso cliente nativo, que puede encontrar en http://www.microsoft.com/…/details.aspx. Si he entendido mal, contabilizar de nuevo en inglés o aclarar el problema que tienes.

Tenga en cuenta que he utilizado Bing traducir para conseguirlo en español, por lo que mi traducción puede ser muy malo.

I'm sorry, but I don't speak Spanish. I tried to understand what you're asking.

I believe that you need the SQL Server 2012 Native Access Client, which you can find at http://www.microsoft.com/…/details.aspx. If I misunderstood, please post again in English, or clarify the problem you're having.

Please note that I used Bing Translate to get this into Spanish, so my translation may be very bad.

Thanks,

Jonathan

13. Javier says:

Hello Jonathan thank you for answering

the driver 3.0.1 to php 5.4.3 you have any difficulty in Windows 7 professional sp1 x86 it failed activate it, but if in Windows 7 x64 professional

14. koppah says:

Did you install the right version of the SQL Server Native Access Client?

Thanks,