When I talk to people about adding self-service BI to their company’s environment I generally get a list of reasons why it won’t work. Some things I commonly hear:
- I can’t get anyone in IT or on the business side to even try it.
- The business side doesn’t know how to use the technology.
- This threatens my job.
- I just don’t know where to start either politically/culturally or with the technology.
- I have too many other things to do.
- How can it possibly be secure, allow standardization, or result in quality data and decisions?
- That’s not the way we do things.
- I don’t really know what self-service BI means.
So what is a forward thinking BI implementer to do? Well, Intel just went out and did it, blowing through the supposed obstacles. Eduardo Gamez of Intel’s Technology Manufacturing Engineering (TME) group interviewed business folks….
Read the complete post and get the slides at Self-Service BI Works! http://blogs.msdn.com/b/cindygross/archive/2013/04/16/self-service-bi-works.aspx