If you haven’t read this whitepaper, read it now.
This is a comprehensive upgrade guide that details all aspects of planning for and implementing an upgrade from your SQL 7.0/2000 to SQL 2005.
In this 360 page whitepaper, you will learn about:
- Supported upgrade paths
- Planning your upgrade to SQL 2005, both in-place and side-by-side
- Backwards compatibility considerations
- Upgrade tools like Upgrade Advisor
- Strategies for minimizing upgrade downtime
- Upgrading failover cluster installations
- Log shipping upgrade considerations and planning
- Upgrading replication topologies
- Special considerations for very large databases
- Security considerations
- Upgrading Full text catalogs
- Reporting Services upgrade considerations and methods
- DTS to SSIS upgrade
A must read if you plan to have a smooth upgrade to SQL 2005. Read it here.
POSTED BY : Sanchan Saxena