One of our colleagues, Dave Whitney, recently worked at publishing a whitepaper which covers the nuances of setting up a failover cluster of SQL 2005 and Analysis Service 2005.
We highly recommend that you download it to learn about the best practices of installing and administering your SQL Server 2005 failover cluster.
This whitepaper will help you get answers to the following questions:
- Background on failover clustering
- Enhancements in failover clustering in SQL 2005
- Pre-requisites for setting up a failover cluster
- Planning for failover clustering setup
- Installing a new SQL 2005 failover cluster
- Upgrading a SQL 2000 failover cluster
- Administering a failover cluster – adding or removing nodes, components etc.
In the appendix, you will find step by step instructions on:
- Installing and upgrading SQL 2005 and Analysis Services 2005
- Installing a Service Pack
- Installing a failover cluster from command prompt using .INI file
You can download this whitepaper by visiting here.
POSTED BY : Sanchan Saxena