SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) for Oracle, MySQL, SAP ASE (formerly SAP Sybase ASE), DB2, and Access allows users to convert a database schema to a Microsoft SQL Server schema, upload the schema, and then migrate data to the target SQL Server (see below for supported versions).
What is new?
- SSMA for Oracle now supports Azure SQL Data Warehouse as a supported target platform for migration.
- Supports the Data Warehouse storage options as outlined.
- Supports the data distribution options as outlined.
- The Query timeout option is now available during schema object discovery at source and target.
- We have improved the quality and conversion metric with targeted fixes based on customer feedback.
Starting from v7.4, the 32-bit version of SSMA is being discontinued.
.Net 4.5.2 is a pre-requisite for installing SSMA v7.4
- SSMA for Access
- SSMA for DB2
- SSMA for MySQL
- SSMA for Oracle
- SSMA for SAP ASE (formerly SAP Sybase ASE)
Supported sources and target versions
Source: For supported sources, please review the information on the Download Center for each of the above SSMA v7.4 downloads.
Target: SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2016, SQL DB (Azure), SQL Server 2107 (Public Preview), Azure SQL Data Warehouse.