Spec Explorer 2010, Release 3.4 Now Available!
Spec Explorer 2010 Release 3.4
Hello! We are delighted to announce the newest version of Spec Explorer 2010, Release 3.4.
Spec Explorer 2010 Release 3.4 contains new features, improved documentation, plus over 50 bug fixes. It runs on the Visual Studio 2010 Professional level product and above.
What’s New in Spec Explorer?
This release contains new / enhanced features including:
- Dynamic traversal: Dynamic traversal provides a new test case generation mechanism. It works by traversing the exploration result (with a user-customizable strategy) while invoking the corresponding actions on the system under test at test runtime.
- Validation performance improvement: The performance of Cord validation has been greatly improved.
- Exploration cleanup: This enhanced feature provides a post-exploration process to remove redundant states/steps.
- Getting partial exploration result: If exploration time exceeds the value of switch ExplorationTimeout or you click the “Stop” button during exploration, a partially explored / cleaned-up result will be displayed.
- Model program construct from multiple namespaces / types: This feature allows a model program to be constructed from a list of comma-separated model namespaces / types.
- Fully-qualified-name support for static action invocations: Fully qualified names are used to distinguish different static action invocations with the same method name.
- Validation task in SpecExplorer.exe: New task “Validate” has been added as a task in SpecExplorer.exe
Where can you get it?
- The Spec Explorer download can be found on the Spec Explorer home page on Visual Studio Gallery.
- See the on-line Release Notes for the latest, more detailed description of installation requirements, major features, bug fixes and known issues. Further information can also be found on The Spec Explorer Forum, The Spec Explorer Team Blog, and the latest Spec Explorer Help Documentation is always available in the MSDN library.
- Please note that Spec Explorer 2010 Release 3.4 runs only on Visual Studio 2010. The 90 day trial version of Visual Studio 2010 can be found at here.
We hope you enjoy this release and look forward to hearing feedback from the Spec Explorer community.
The Spec Explorer Team