Do you have what it takes?
Tech Idol is coming to Tech·Ed Africa, do you have what it takes to be our winner?
We’re looking for the rock star (presenter) of the future! If you’re passionate about technology – show us!
Enter our Tech Idol competition at Tech·Ed Africa, strut your stuff on stage and wow our judges and the community with your talent.
Our panel of judges will select the winning Tech Idol who will receive:
- The opportunity to present a technical breakout session at the next big Microsoft technical event hosted by Microsoft South Africa
- An cool gadgety prize
Two runners-up will each receive:
- Something cool
How is this going to work?
You will have the opportunity to submit presentations to us, we will list them on our blog and ask the developer and IT Pro communities to vote for their favorites. The top 5 presentations, as voted for by the communities out there, will be selected to compete in Tech Idol. You will then deliver your sessions for our judges to score you. The winners will be announced once the judges have tallied their results.
- When? 17 April 2010 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Where? Look out for the announcements at Tech·Ed Africa 2013
- How do I enter? Contact us with your proposed presentation. Please include:
- Your name
- Your email address
- The title of your presentation
- A description for your presentation
- Can anyone enter? Almost anyone You must be attending Tech·Ed but you must not be presenting at Tech·Ed – we’re looking for new hotshot speakers!
- When is the deadline for presentation submissions? You can submit your presentations until 12:00 PM, 14 April 2013.
- What topics can I cover? You can speak about anything related to Microsoft technologies, something new, something old, something cool – anything!
- How long must my presentation be? Each presentation must be a maximum of 10 minutes long.
- When will voting start? Voting will start on 14 April 2013 once all submissions have been received. Vote using our online poll (only one vote per person).
- When will voting end? Voting will end at 12:00 PM on 17 April 2013 (yup, that’s during Tech·Ed).
- When will I know if my presentation has been selected? We will announce the top 5 presentations at 1:00 PM on 17 April 2013(yes, that’s during Tech·Ed and you’ll need to be prepared up front!)
- How will presentations be judged? We will have a panel of 4 judges who will rate your presentation on: mastery of your subject, the quality of your demonstrations, slides and your ability to get your point across. The audience will also vote on their favorite presenter.
- What you should bring: Yourself(!) and your PowerPoint presentation and demo on a USB drive / your laptop.
- What will be provided: A demo presenter machine with Powerpoint 2013. You will have access to the Internet, but it’s recommended to plan your presentation without this. If your presentation requires the installation of other software, please bring your own laptop (if your bring your own, set your screen resolution to 1280 x 720).