Do you have what it takes?
Dev Idol is coming to Tech·Ed Africa again this year, do you have what it takes to be our winner?
We’re looking for the rock star (presenter) of the future! If you’re passionate about technology and development show us!
Enter our Dev Idol competition at Tech·Ed Africa, strut your stuff on stage and wow our judges and the developer community with your talent.
Our panel of judges will select the winning Dev Idol who will receive a ticket to Teched 2012 and the potential to present at the event.
How is this going to work?
You will have the opportunity to submit presentations to us, we will list them on our blog and ask the developer community to vote for their favourites. The top 6 presentations, as voted for by the developers out there, will be selected to compete in Dev Idol. You will then deliver your sessions for our judges to score you. The winners will be announced once the judges have tallied their results.
- When? 18 October 2011 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Where? To be announced
- How do I enter? Contact us with your proposed presentation. Please include:
- Your name
- Your email address
- The title of your presentation
- A description for your presentation
- Can anyone enter? Almost anyone You must be attending Tech·Ed but you must not be presenting at Tech·Ed – we’re looking for new hotshot speakers!
- When is the deadline for presentation submissions? You can submit your presentations until 11:59 PM, 10 October 2011.
- What topics can I cover? You can speak about anything related to development – tools, technologies, practices, something new, something old, something cool – anything!
- How long must my presentation be? Each presentation must be a maximum of 10 minutes long.
- When will voting start? Voting will start on 11 October 2011 once all submissions have been received. Link to be provided closer to the time
- When will voting end? Voting will end at 11:59 PM on 12 October 2011.
- When will I know if my presentation has been selected? We will announce the top 6 presentations at 12:00 PM on 17 October 2011 (yes, that’s during Tech·Ed and you’ll need to be prepared up front!)
- How will presentations be judged? We will have a panel of 4 judges who will rate your presentation on: mastery of your subject, the quality of your demonstrations, slides and code and your ability to get your point across. The audience will also vote on their favourite presenter.
- What you should bring: Yourself(!) and your PowerPoint presentation and your laptop to present from. We will have a laptop available if need be but will not be responsible for getting the code working on it.