PopFly and Facebook

Today we saw another great use of Silverlight and Popfly with Facebook

Our partnership with Facebook provides developers with access to the Facebook data using products such as Popfly and Visual Studio Express.  Facebook users will have tools that let them create pages that reflect their personality even if they have no development experience.

Social networks are one of the fastest growing areas on the net, and an area which I have personal involvement in.  My daughter is an avid Facebook user and like many of her peers, wants to be able to personalize her web experience and tap into other social networks without needing (or for that matter, knowing how) to code.  I am really looking forward to going home tonight and together with her seeing how to create some mash-ups, perhaps with Soapbox or Xbox Live.  I will let you know how it goes.

1. Microsoft has announced that we are jumping on the Facebook Platform train big time. Support in Popfly

2. Yesterday at an event called f8, Facebook launched their new "platform" which enables third party companies…

3. Vijay says:

I loved the part "Popfly is targeted at all non-professionals ranging from users with no programming experience who want a visual way to create dynamic Web experiences…" in response to the question "Who is the target audience for Popfly?.

I dream of a day when users can design and deliver applied computing solutions without having to know software development, and this is certainly a step in that direction.

4. Social networks theme is very interesting direction of IT industry. Are there good articles about social networks you can recommend to learn?

5. Deano says:

What can i say,

I am watching the video from Channel 9 about pop fly and wow that is really amazing the web is looking more like an application and less like the web :-).  Microsoft have done it again this is a really kool tool – I cant wait for the next beta drop so i can get an invite 🙂

I cant wait to use it is really excited

6. Somasegar says:

You should be able to request an invite from http://www.popfly.com.

7. Rajesh Lal says:

SilverLight rocks , no doubt, but creating a mashup with Silverlight, ajax, soapbox feeds, etc is not that easy for an average developer.

I created an account with popfly, but still don’t have a clue what to do next. It would be great to know, how your mashup came up and the steps you took to create it.

8. johnmont says:

There are several things to do once you have your account. For starters, click on "Create a Mashup" either from the home page or from your account page and on the right side of the screen you should see an interactive tutorial that will guide you through the process of creating a mashup. You can also view videos there such as http://popflycreator.ms/content/demos/ThreeMinuteMashup.wmv. Once you have created a mashup, you can save it, go to your "My Page" by clicking in the upper right corner of hte screen and from there do things like share it and embed it in other pages (you need to share before you can embed).

For other questions, you might want to post in our forums at http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=434&SiteID=1.

9. Paramesh says:

Rajesh, have you looked at the Popfly intro video?  This might help you get started.

10. heyyyyyyyy says: