VS 2005 SP1 Update for Windows Vista

Yesterday, we released the Visual Studio 2005 SP1 Update for Windows Vista.

Visual Studio developers already have a good experience on Windows Vista but this addresses certain specific concerns to give developers an even better experience when building applications to target the Vista platform.  I recently spent some time in a Q&A session about this refresh which you can read for more information.

Namaste!

1. The Visual Studio 2005 SP1 update for Windows Vista is now available – more information, and the download

2. Joe's Blog says:

According to Soma Visual Studio SP1 for Windows Vista is now available! I’ve been running Vista on my

3. RSS It All says:

4. Andrew says:

I’m a bit confused about the documentation for this update. The download page refers me to http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa948853.aspx for more information about the update. That page refers to known issues while running Visual Studio 2005. Are those issues that are fixed with the update, or issues that are still outstanding even with the update applied?

5. nrycaezz says:

Hello!

Aloha,great page. Congratulations and keep on the work good.

DS2_sp_2

6. svekjypl says:

Hello!

That’s friggin’ awesome. Thanks to all those involved

DS2_sp_1

7. keipfymt says:

Hello!

Really impressive!! Still better than before with the different sites! Congratulations!

DS2_sp_3

8. Mark Raschi says:

Hello.

I am having real snags trying to get this thing to install. I do not have any beta versions of the service pack installed, but when i try to run the patch i get an error saying that the windows installer cant continue because i might not have the right package etc.. I am using the academic version.

Can someone please enlighten me as to the solution or possible future fix.

Thanks.

9. Carol says:

Mark, you need to download the VS2005 Service Pack 1 release before you can download the Vs2005 Update for Windows Vista.

You can find the SP1 download here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=BB4A75AB-E2D4-4C96-B39D-37BAF6B5B1DC&displaylang=en

Carol