(1) Installation of Enterprise portal component, gives the following error:Error executing code: SysDevelopmentProxy (object) has no valid runable code in method ‘generate’.
a. Go to Ax Client ( on a machine where Business Connector is installed)
b. Open the AOT\Classes node
c. Right click on the SysDevelopmentProxy class node and select compile
and make sure it compiles correctly. Then run the EP deployment.
(2) I have successfully created the EP Site and I can view the site. But other users are not able to view it.
a. Make sure the user is added to Ax and to the right AX user groups.
b. Make sure the user is configured as Employee or Customer or Vendor in User Relations form in Ax
c. Make sure the user is added in EP site using Site Settings
i. Click on the “Site Actions” tab, and select “Site Settings” from the drop down list
ii. Click the “People and groups” link
iii. Click the “New” button, in the “Add Users” page click the “Add all authenticated users” and check all the permissions boxes to give all configured users full rights
iv. Click “OK”
(3) Role Centers are working fine in EP , but are not coming up in Ax Client
a. Make Sure the “Web site used to dispaly Role Center in the Ax Client ” setting in Administration -> Setup -> Internet -> Web Sites form at the bottom right is set to the right EP site
b. Navigate to the EP site mentioned in the above setting and verify none of the web parts are throwing any error. If any web part is not rendering correctly , either fix the source of the problem for that web part or remove that web part
(4) After I added “Business Overview WebPart”, I tried to add some indicators. It gave the error message “An error has occurred while processing the business overview indicator. Check the web server application event log for more information.” From Event Viewer:“An unexpected error has occurred.The period is not valid……”
Did you initialize the profiles? You need to “Initialize Role Center Profiles” from Basic->Setup->Role Center or Import Time Periods from Administration -> Setup -> Business Analysis -> OlAP -> Time Periods
(5) In Enterprise Portal setup BC Proxy Account cannot be set if the FQDN is not a superset of the short domain name
In Enterprise Portal setup BC Proxy Account cannot be set if the FQDN is not a superset of the short domain name
if the FQDN is different from the short domain name , for example
If the FQDN = XYZ.microsoft.com
and the short dominname = XYZCORP
then setting the BCProxy user during EP setup fails.
(1) change the app pool in IIS used by the EP Site to to be run by the bc proxy account with the FQDN specified.
(2) Also blank out the business connector proxy account in Ax.
(3) Then run EP setup and n the BC proxy user dialog , use the FQDN of the bc proxy.
(6)Manage Deployments dialog in Ax Client for Enterprise Portal may not function correctly on 64 bit machine
Manage Deployments dialog in Ax Client for Enterprise Portal may not function correctly on 64 bit machine
Administration->Setup -> Internet -> Enterprise Portal -> Manage deployments on 64 bit machine may give
“Manage Deployment can not run because Enterprise Portal is not deployed on this computer” even though Enterprise Portal is deployed and working fine. Manage Deployment is used to update the Enterprise Portal web server with the changed made in AOT web files and resources. To workaround this probelm, use the alternate way of publishing these changes to the web server, which is running Ax Setup and deploy EP without recreating the site.
(7) KPIs and Business Overviw keeps loading all the time and never ends.
if all the Role Center content in enterprise portal are coming up except the Business Overview webpart and it keeps displaying loading progress image for long time with no error msg in the event log, it may be because IE security setting is preventing the webpart from asynchronously getting the data. To resolve this issue add the EP site to the intranet site zone in IE or disable IE Enhanced Security Configuration from Add / Remove programs -> Add / Remove Widnows Components.