Enterprise Portal in Ax 3.0 is Role based. Below are the list out-of-the-box roles that comes with EP
- Sales Rep
- Emp Manager
- Questionnaire Admin
- Questionnaire Participant
- Business Relation
EP is designed to accommodate change from the ground up to adapt to customer needs and has a very rich customization and extension framework. It is very easy to add new roles to EP.
Below are the steps to add a new role
- Create a user groups
- Modify the permissions attached to the user group using the Axapta rich client
- Export the permission node to an .asg file
- Import the .asg file into AOT under Resources, making sure it is named EPSecurity<role> where <role> is the role name to be modified.
- Modify the BaseEnum called EPRoles (in AOT)
- Add a new element called <role> – which is the role name.
- When these changes have been completed, then when the EP Setup Wizard is invoked, it will show the new EP role in the list