‘How Do I…BI?’ screencasts available

33 parts – 5 to 15 minutes – every feature of SQL Server Analysis Services – enjoy!

'How Do I...BI?' screencasts

‘How Do I…BI?’ screencast series

1. Lynn Langit has put together a series of 33 bite-sized Webcasts on business intelligence (BI). The Webcasts

2. Kris says:

Thanks you for posting these. This is a great way to learn – especially for someone not familiar with OLAP related technologies.

3. So I see all these great posts during the week and I think, “I wonder if everyone else is seeing this

4. Larry says:

Andrew, lots of people see these posts, but we’re just shy around Lynn (It’s called the little red-haired girl syndrome, lol)

btw, Lynn, do you have a recommended order for viewing these videos?  …and btw2…thanks for producing them 🙂

5. Malgorzata says:

Thank you for your new book and Webcasts on BI. I am very interested to see a series of 33 Webcasts but I have a problem with stopping and continous buffering. So for me it is impossible. Would be possible to get all the Webcasts by downloading or sending to my email: mjedrus@wp.pl?

6. mjedrus says:

Now download does not work. I get a blank page everytime.

7. Dean says:

Lynn, I can not find a way to download these for offline viewing (while I’m on a plane) it looks like the only way to watch these is online. Could this be changed so that they can be downloaded like the other content

8. lynnlangit says:

@Mjedrus @Dean – here’s a link to the Skydrive folder for direct downloading

Also, I’ve had requests to list the series order – it’s in the ‘Outline’ text document on the Skydrive

9. lynnlangit says:

Here’s the series title and order:

Series Webcasts

1. Getting started – what you must install and configure (Install SSAS)

2. BI Dev Tools – SSMS, Profiler, BIDS (SSAS Tools)

3. Installing the AdventureWorks DW samples (Install Samples)

4. Examining a cube in BIDS (ViewingCube4)

5. Examining a data mining structure in BIDS Viewing_DM)

6. Creating Data Sources in BIDS (Add DS)

7. Creating Data Source Views in BIDS (Add DSV)

8. Examining Dimensions in BIDS – about Hierarchies and Attributes (Add Dimension)

9. Working with the Cube Editor in BIDS – Dimension Usage (Build Cube)

10. Working with the Cube Editor in BIDS – KPIs (Build KPI)

11. Working with the Cube Editor in BIDS – Calculations (Build Calculations)

12. Working with the Cube Editor in BIDS – Actions (Build Actions)

13. Working with the Cube Editor in BIDS – Translations (Add Perspective)

14. Working with the Cube Editor in BIDS – Partitions (Create Partition)

15. Working with the Cube Editor in BIDS – Aggregations (Create Aggregation)

16. OLAP Database Security (Create Role)

17. OLAP cube performance monitoring using Profiler (Use Profiler)

18. OLAP cube scalability (Scale Cube)

19. Understanding AMO warnings for OLAP cubes (AMO Warning)

20. Using OLAP cube and dimension processing (Process Cube)

21. Exploring Data Mining models in BIDS- algorithms 1,2,3 (DM 1)

22. Exploring Data Mining models in BIDS- algorithms 4,5,6 (DM 2)

23. Exploring Data Mining models in BIDS- algorithms 7,8,9 (DM 3)

24. Using content and data types (Content Types)

25. Using input, predict and predictOnly (Input and Predict)

26. Using Lift Charts (Lift Chart)

27. Using Profit Charts (Profit Chart)

28. Using Cross Validation (Cross Validation)

29. Using DMX Queries (DMX)

30. Using DM model processing, training  (Process DM)

31. Application integration – with SSIS (SSAS with SSIS)

32. Applicatoin integration – with Excel – table analysis (SSAS with Excel 1)

33. Application integration – with Excel – data mining ribbon (SSAS with Excel 2)

34. Appliction integration – using embeddable controls (SSAS VS controls)

35. Performance tips and best practices (Perf Tips)

10. 陈海斌 says: