My manager would really like for you to use this free Azure Account. Seriously. No credit card required, just an email.
There are other managers looking for you to use this offer: The one that is going to hire you.
Microsoft is offering free 30-day (extendable to 45 days) Windows Azure accounts to faculty and students. To create your account go to http://windowsazurepass.com/ and enter the promotion code WRAC11.
Microsoft has two basic kinds of cloud offerings. Windows Azure is an application hosting framework (think web apps) similar to web hosting. SQL Azure is a cloud-based relational database framework. These free accounts include both. The cloud applications and databases can be created using the Visual Studio after the Azure SDK has been installed.
Learning cloud computing is easy with Microsoft’s free account, tools and learning resources. Here is how to get started:
- Set up your account at
- http://windowsazurepass.com/ and enter the promotion code WRAC11
- Download and install the Azure SDK, use the All-In-One from
- Try out the code samples and hands-on labs at:
- Now build your own basic apps and databases and link them together
- Add cloud computing and Windows Azure to your resume.
- Resume tips can be found at
- Apply for a job at Microsoft at: