Resolution: User needs to install manually either C# or C++ or J# feature on the system.
1. Install VS 2005 Team suite with custom installation and install only Visual Basic.
2. Launch Visual Studio 2005 from Start menu.
3. Create Project -> Choose "Windows Application" form
4. Tools -> Performance Tools -> Performance Wizard
NOTE: choose "Instrumentation" on Specify the profiling method page
5. right-click on name of the application in Performance Explore and select
6. A dialog box will pop up with an error message "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.VCProjectEngine, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."
The problem is the required file Microsoft.VisualStudio.VCProjectEngine is only installed with C++, C# or J# but not VB, yet the feature depending on it requires