These challenges are intended for people who are learning to program for the first time or for those returning to programming who want to start using Small Basic. Some will be easy, some will be hard - but they will all make you think, and more importantly be GREAT FUN!
Please post your solutions / partial solutions / questions / feedback etc. into this thread that will remain 'sticky' for the month.Â The only rule is that your solution must use standard Small Basic methods (no extensions).
It would be good if people could post their problems with these challenges so that a discussion can start so that everyone can learn from each other.
We may extend these challenges over into a second month if solutions and questions are still coming in.
- Write a program to randomly mix the letters is a string
- Write a program to re-format a text file to perform one or more of the following:
- Each sentence of the text appears on a new line
- Each line is no linger than 80 characters
- The first line of each paragraph is indented with a tab
- Create a fireworks picture; include different kinds and colours of fireworks that animate and explode, shower etc.
- Write a program to draw a space ship
- Create a 'pairs' type game for 2 players
- Createa dominoes game that can play against the computer
Do you have an idea for a future challenge? Please post it here!
Special thanks to LitDev and the Small Basic community!
- Ninja Ed