These challenges are intended for people who are learning to program for the first time or for those returning to programming who want to start using Small Basic. Some will be easy, some will be hard – but they will all make you think, and more importantly be GREAT FUN!
Submit your programs here:
Please post your solutions / partial solutions / questions / feedback etc. into this thread that will remain ‘sticky’ for the month. The only rule is that your solution must use standard Small Basic methods (no extensions).
It would be good if people could post their problems with these challenges so that a discussion can start so that everyone can learn from each other.
We may extend these challenges over into a second month if solutions and questions are still coming in.
- Use the TextWindow to write a program to list all files in user input folder
- List the files sorted by name alphabetically, or by file type
- Write a Turtle program to move the turtle in a figure of 8
- Whire a program with some weighing scales to weigh shapes that can be dropped on the scales
- Perhaps try a sea-saw type scales to balance weights added to each side
- Write a program to calculate the prime factors of a number
- Write a program to show an animated (rotating) windmill
Do you have an idea for a future challenge? Please post it here!
Small and Basically challenging you,
- LitDev & Ninja Ed