These challenges are intended for people who are learning to program for the first time or for those returning to programming who want to start using Small Basic. Some will be easy, some will be hard - but they will all make you think, and more importantly be GREAT FUN!
Please post your solutions / partial solutions / questions / feedback etc. into this thread that will remain 'sticky' in the forum for the month. The only rule is that your solution must use standard Small Basic methods (no extensions).
It would be good if people could post their problems with these challenges in this thread so that a discussion can start so that everyone can learn from each other.
We may extend these challenges over into a second month if solutions and questions are still coming in.
- Write a scrolling text banner for the TextWindow. It should continuously scroll and repeat itself.
- Draw some of the new Small Basic logos or mascot and even animate them if you can.
- Last month gucerni made a great tick tac toe game. Here it is BJX729. There is a lot of similar repeated code in it. The challenge is to modify the code to be as short as possible (while keeping the functionality identical).
- Who can do it in the least lines?
- As a second part to the challenge can you improve the AI so it the computer plays better and wins if the human player makes a mistake.
- Write a draughts (also called checkers) 2 player game.
- The hard part will be validating that a move is allowed.
- If you get this going then the AI to play against the computer should also be pssible, but this is a tough challenge.
- Guitar chords (By YLed) - LINK
- Draw Freehand Like Picture (By Nonki) - LINK
- Substractive Color (By YLed) - LINK
Do you have an idea for a future challenge? Please post it here!
Thank you for your participation!
- LitDev and...
- Ninja Ed