Hello Small Basic people!
Post your solutions here, in this Small Basic Forum thread:
These challenges are intended for people who are learning to program for the first time or for those returning to programming who want to start using Small Basic. Some will be easy, some will be hard – but they will all make you think, and more importantly be GREAT FUN!
Please post your solutions / partial solutions / questions / feedback etc. into this thread that will remain ‘sticky’ for the month. The only rule is that your solution must use standard Small Basic methods (no extensions).
It would be good if people could post their problems with these challenges so that a discussion can start so that everyone can learn from each other.
We may extend these challenges over into a second month if solutions and questions are still coming in.
- Write a program to format numbers 1 to 100 in a neat 10 by 10 grid in the TextWindow
- Modify the program to colour numbers divisible by 5 red, and numbers divisible by 7 yellow.
- Make an animation of a spinning top rotating and moving in the GraphicsWindow
- Write a noughts and crosses (tic tac toe) game to play against the computer
- Perhaps add some nice graphics and sound effects to the game
- Write a program to calculate the change in the correct coinage of your currency. Perhaps randomly set a price of something and ask the user to enter the money given and the program works out the correct change.
Item costs £2.65 and user gives £5.
The change is:
1 £2 coin
1 20p coin
1 10p coin
1 5p coin
- Write a program to calculate the sum of the first 100 prime numbers
Community Suggestion Challenges
Do you have an idea for a future challenge? Please post it here!
Big thanks to LitDev for running this!
Remember to be Small and Basic!
– Ninja Ed