Welcome to the September challenges, hosted by LitDev!
Please jump in with your solutions in this forum thread:
These challenges are intended for people who are learning to program for the first time or for those returning to programming who want to start using Small Basic. Some will be easy, some will be hard - but they will all make you think, and more importantly be GREAT FUN!
Please post your solutions / partial solutions / questions / feedback etc. into this thread that will remain 'sticky' for the month. The only rule is that your solution must use standard Small Basic methods (no extensions).
It would be good if people could post their problems with these challenges so that a discussion can start so that everyone can learn from each other.
We may extend these challenges over into a second month if solutions and questions are still coming in.
Write program with buttons to move the Turtle in the GraphicsWindow.
Write a program to do several things at the same time. There are two main ways to try to do this using event threads like the Timer or by time slicing (game loop). Try to the find solutions that can be easiy extended. Some of the thngs to do 'in parallel' below are harder than others.
Try to write a program to do as many of the following at the same time - no extensions.
- Continually change the GraphicsWIndow backgrund colour every second between black and white
- Get the Turtle to keep moving round the outside edge of the GraphicsWindow in a rectangle
- Keep randomly repositioning the GraphicsWindow on the desktop every 2.5 seconds
- Play the Click sound every 3.2 seconds
- Add an ellipse shape that changes its colour every 0.5 seconds
- Continually move an ellipse shape in the GraphicsWindow like a bouncing ball
- Anything else you can think of
Create a program that accepts some text from the user and randomly does one the following with it.
- Reverse all the letters
- Echo with all vowels in red
- Colour the words Red, Yellow, Red etc
- Replace all numbers with an *
Community Suggestion Challenges
- 2D or 3D dices rolling simulation (By YLed) LINK
- Sun vs Betelgeuse (By YLed) LINK
- Draw a Face (By Nonki) LINK
- Photograms (By YLed) LINK
Do you have an idea for a future challenge? Please post it here!
Thank you for your contributions, as we all learn together!
Small and Basically me,
- Ninja Ed