1. Tryhest says:

the last one is the clearest and best))

2. Thanks Tryhest. That's where we're at, currently. Next we're experimenting with the text on the right.

3. have a seven color lago ROYGBIV and United Nation blue at center " Human Programming" with thanks

1. Haroon, this program failed to load for me. Can you load it okay?

Online it also gives an error: http://smallbasic.com/smallbasic.com/program/?ROYGBIV

1. pappalapub says:

ROYGBIV (no ID, but 7 rainbow colors: Red, orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet)

4. Tryhest says:

now i made a desktop gadget like new sb logo clock ticking... ZPX036

1. This is so good, Tryhest! I wanted to share it, so I packaged it up here:

5. Tryhest, that's cool!

I love it!

6. pfm says:

I really like the handwritten "Small Basic" text. Gives it a really friendly character that was missing from the old logo. (the old logo felt excessively "corporative").

However I don´t think the icon part fits in at all with the "friendliness" of the text. The distorted "SB" feels a bit aggressive and even old fashioned. I think you should go with a more hand drawn feel for the icon part as well.

1. Thanks. That's good feedback on the written text. I wasn't sure if the handwritten text feels too "young" or not.

7. YLed says:

My favorite one is :

for the impact of color,
    clarity of design,
    the font use : Comic Sans MS
    I like especially Small Basic written in bold character , this attracts the eye.
    that's my choice 🙂

1. It is good, but that reminded us of the game Simon.

8. UPDATE: I added some more text to explain more of the thinking in each step.

Thanks!

9. Matthew L. Parets says:

I don't like the "Kids can code" line. Adults might be able get past the stigma that this was made for little kids, but anyone from the 6th grade one would be completely turned off by the idea that this is "Kid Stuff". I can say this with a certain amount of authority dealing with teenagers every day. The parents of said teens will also be turned off by this. There would be a push to stop using SmallBasic in the Intro courses and to move into a "real" language like Python.

"Anyone can code" would get the idea across without alienating a large chunk of the intended audience.

I love turtle logo though . I think the second to last one is the most intriguing (minus the "kids can code" of course).

1. You never know. For example, what's the #1 selling Python book? For awhile, it was a book titled "Python for Kids". And it was actually written to 16 year olds! =^)

And the top purchasers were actually adults who bought it feeling like it was a "Python for Dummies", which is pretty accurate to how it's written.

That mentioned, yes, we'll keep that in mind.

2. Logo thoughts... yeah I love that one too. I think the consensus landed on the one with white boarders...

We found the white borders in the shell to give it a nice feeling of negative space. It seemed to feel more inclusive, in a subconscious way.

But I think with the dark gray borders, that one seems to hold more power to it.

Thanks, Matthew!