These challenges are intended for people who are learning to program for the first time or for those returning to programming who want to start using Small Basic. Some will be easy, some will be hard - but they will all make you think, and more importantly be GREAT FUN!
Please post your solutions / partial solutions / questions / feedback etc. into this thread that will remain 'sticky' for the month. The only rule is that your solution must use standard Small Basic methods (no extensions).
Here is the forum thread:
It would be good if people could post their problems with these challenges so that a discussion can start so that everyone can learn from each other.
We may extend these challenges over into a second month if solutions and questions are still coming in.
- Create an on screen keyboard.
- Create a program to find the differences between 2 text files - a simple file difference program.
- Create a custom cursor - no extensions.
- Draw a multi-coloured spiral
- Create a game based on the user trying to unscramble anagrams. The program should create anagrams and time or check the user answers.
These Community Suggestions come on separate discussion threads.
By Coding Cat
- Animation techniques - LINK
- M A R S orbit - LINK
- New steps in this cells calculator- LINK
- The impossible stair - LINK
- Binary ADD calculator - LINK
- Draw a regular dodecahedron - LINK
Do you have an idea for a future challenge? Please post it here!
Small and Basically yours,
- LitDev & Ninja Ed