Last and this month, controls challenges are going in the Challenge of the Month. So today, I'd like to write about Controls.
Controls in Small Basic
Text Input Box
Multi-Line Text Input Box
If this control has a long text, scroll bars appear like following screen shot. Scroll bar is another control.
Other controls in Small Basic? We can write code for them. Here are many samples in Challenge of the Month.
Fancy Button and Read Only Text Box
This is a fancy button sample (GGL988) by litdev. And this program is also a sample for switching between read only and read/write text input box. Great!
Read Only Text Box
This is very simple version of read only text box by NaochanON.
This program (XZB099) is written by Nonki Takahashi (again).
This selector (QMD177) is written by Jibba Jabba again.
Multi Feature Dialog Box
This program (SXD381-0) is written by Jibba Jabba also.
Drop Down Menu
This program (BGF911-1) is also written by Jibba Jabba. Wow! Lot of works!
This control (WMK208-0) is written by Pappa Lapub also.
I wrote about the other controls in a TechNet Wiki article Small Basic: Controls.
- Check Box (GZL896) - Check box control is an on/off switch. Details are described in an article Small Basic: How to Make a Check Box.
- Radio Button (SZW634) - Radio buttons are controls to select one from a group.
- Color Slider (HWD964) - Slider control is to get a value from a range.
- Progress Bar (MBB966-0) - Progress bar shows percentage.
- RGB Menu / Color Slider (NHJ269) by Athasak
- Scroll Bar (ZDP541) by Athasak
- Small Basic - Controls are Shapes (blog)
- Small Basic: Controls (wiki)
- Challenge of the Month - October/November 2015 (forum)