These challenges are intended for people who are learning to program for the first time or for those returning to programming who want to start using Small Basic. Some will be easy, some will be hard – but they will all make you think, and more importantly be GREAT FUN!
Please post your solutions / partial solutions / questions / feedback etc. into this thread that will remain ‘sticky’ for the month:
The only rule is that your solution must use standard Small Basic methods (no extensions).
It would be good if people could post their problems with these challenges so that a discussion can start so that everyone can learn from each other.
Also post feedback on the kind of challenges that you want to see more of in the future.
- Draw regular 5, 7 and 9 pointed stars.
- Crete an animation of Newton’s cradle.
Create some additional controls in the GraphicsWindow without using extensions.
- A read-only textbox
- Radio buttons
- A password entry textbox
- Create your own button with mouse-over and button press events, not using the button control, this way your button can have fancy colour or other effects
- Any other controls you fancy
- Create a program to draw a histogram of the frequency of letters in a text file.
- Create your own extension in C# or VB to calculate the prime factors of a number.
- Write a simple ‘platform game’, where a player jumps between platforms.
Do you have an idea for a future challenge? Please post it here!
Small and Basically yours,
– LitDev & Ninja Ed