Today, I’d like to introduce my Small Basic program Icon Editor 0.6b. This progam is a 16 x 16 pixels bitmap editor which can read / write plain PPM (Portable Pixmap file format. The program ID is RFT686-4.
There are 6 commands in menu.
- New (Ctrl+N) – clear the icon edit field
- Open (Ctrl+O) – open a plain PPM (.ppm) file
- Save (Ctrl+S) – save a plain PPM (.ppm) file
- Undo (Ctrl+Z) – undo the last pixel edited
- Redo (Ctrl+Y) – redo the last pixel edited
- Pen Color – change the pen color
And you can change pixels to click on the icon edit field
This program is also uploaded to CodePlex. So you can check the difference between two versions. Following link is a sample.
Advanced Tips about Icon
- There is a Microsoft icon file format (.ico) for program icons, website icons, etc. So, this program is not an icon editor but a bitmap editor actually.
- You can create .ico file from a bitmap such as .bmp, .png, .gif with some tools. For example, http://www.favicon.co.uk/ can create icons.
- PPM file can be read with GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program). And can be comberted (exported) to .bmp, .png, .gif formats.