Nonki and I were the only contributors this month, but a special thanks go out to Nonki for really knocking it out of the park with a lot of fantastic articles!
|Small Basic Technical Guru - July 2014|
|Ed Price - MSFT||Small Basic Survival Guide||Michiel Van Hoorn: "Oh the overload!"
RZ: "Very nicely categorized and organized. Way to go!"
|Nonki Takahashi||Small Basic: Character Set - Unicode||RZ: "Very well explained. I wager that many programmers can't quite explain what's unicode and utf-8 :)"
Michiel Van Hoorn: "Great article on this fundamental element in programming"
|Nonki Takahashi||Small Basic: Controls||Michiel Van Hoorn: "Practical topic with good examples"|
Also worth a mention were the other entries this month:
- Small Basic: Resources for Game Programming by Nonki Takahashi
RZ: "Nicely organized and categorized resources. Game programming is no doubt the propulsion behind the advancement of computer technology :)"
Michiel Van Hoorn: "Good overview of game programming resources. Get inspired!"
- Small Basic: Sound by Nonki Takahashi
Michiel Van Hoorn: "Who needs sound :-)"
- Small Basic: File by Nonki Takahashi
Michiel Van Hoorn: "All the practical basics for file handling."
- Small Basic Known Issue: 25471 - Sound.PlayXXXAndWait() Does Not Wait in Remote by Nonki Takahashi
- Small Basic Known Issue: 25568 - Shapes.Zoom() Stops Program with 0.7 or Smaller Scale of Transparent Image in Local by Nonki Takahashi
- Small Basic: Community Channels by Ed Price - MSFT
- Small Basic Known Issue: 25669 - Turtle Operations in Event Handlers Cause Browser Hang Up in Remote by Nonki Takahashi
- Small Basic Known Issue: 25671 - Turtle.Show() Doesn't Show Turtle after GraphicsWindow.Clear() or Turtle.Hide() by Nonki Takahashi
If you haven't contributed an article for August, and you think you have a good wiki article in mind, here's your chance to show it off! 😀
- Ninja Ed