Microsoft Small Basic program language is for learning programming. If you’ve already understood programming, you may would like to start game programming. Today, I’d like to introduce some resources for game programming in Small Basic.
TechNet Wiki Articles
- Small Basic: Dynamic Graphics – shows about collision.
- Small Basic: How to Make a Turtle Maze Game – is about making game using Turtle.
- Small Basic Sample: GameGraphics – is a sample code using Shapes, Images, Arrays, Mouse and Keyboard control.
- Small Basic: Sprite Arrays – shows how to move images in games.
- Small Basic Game Gallery – contains many Small Basic games.
- Vertical Scrolling Games – is about simple games written in Small Basic.
- SideScroller – Small Basic Featured Program – is about another scrolling game.
- How do you get an image for your program? – is for creating images.
- Being part of a game Dev team? – invites you to join a game development team.
All these books are written by Philip Conrod and Lou Tylee.
- Computer Bible Games for Small Basic
- Programming Games with Small Basic
- Computer Bible Games for Small Basic (Color Edition)
- How to Make a Simple Game using Small Basic – shows making of text base number game.
- Flappy Bird Gameplay – demo
- Armoured Assault gameplay – demo
- MS Small Basic chess – demo
- Making a tictactoe game in small basic – shows making of tic-tac-toe game using an extension.
Popular Small Basic Games
All these games can be run in web browser. For graphics games with keyboard control, please click game screen first.