September last year, Timo Söchtig released a small snippet which contained an automatic update function for Small Basic.
This snippet will check if a newer version of your program is available for download. And if there is a new version, it will download and install it.
It won the TechNet Guru Gold Medal (category: Small Basic) and got featured on the homepage of TechNetWiki.
He recently released an update for it. A huge one.
- He added multi-version support
- He added a chooseable interface (textwindow, graphics window)
- He did an overhaul of the whole update structure
- He added five commands for the user
- He wrote a program to create the needed updatefile
You can find more detailed information on the TechNet Wiki article about AutoUpdater.
Thanks to Timo for this fantastic community contribution!
- Ninja Ed