These challenges come our way from litdev.
The challenges are intended for people who are learning to program for the first time or for those returning to programming who want to start using Small Basic. Some will be easy, some will be hard – but they will all make you think, and more importantly be GREAT FUN!
Please post your solutions / partial solutions / questions / feedback etc. into this thread that will remain ‘sticky’ for the month. The only rule is that your solution must use standard Small Basic methods (no extensions).
It would be good if people could post their problems with these challenges so that a discussion can start so that everyone can learn from each other. Post your problems here.
Also post feedback on the kind of challenges that you want to see more of in the future.
Curriculum Challenges 3.3
- Write a TextWindow program to create some random sums for the user to answer.
- Write a program to calculate the area of rectangles, triangles or circles, when the user enters their size.
- Write a program to round any number for 2 decimal digits (e.g. 3.1419 is 3.14, 7.1 is 7.10 and -20 is -20.00).
- Write a program to capitalize the first letter of each word in a text.
- Write a program to delete any non alpha-numeric character from a text.
- Write a program to simulate a barrel rolling down a slope (see game challenge).
- Draw a picture of an alien.
- Write a simplified version of the Donkey Kong game – jump over barrels to get to the top.
Community Suggestion (by Zock77)
- Pick an extension to base a challenge off of. Lets start with the Fremy Extension; pick an FC object and show what can be done with it.
Community Suggestions (by Nonki)
- Make a hexadecimal dump program for UTF-8 encoded text file.
- Make a subroutine to draw polygon with given vertices.
- Make a subroutine to fill polygon with given vertices
Do you have an idea for a future challenge? Please post it here!
Thanks again to LitDev and to the entire Small Basic community!
We’ll see you… clap clap… in the forum!
– Ninja Ed