Check out the July challenges and respond to them here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c80d0e11-66c8-4f11-b4b5-09851afaf67b/challenge-of-the-month-july-2013
There are a huge number of July challenges! Here they are...
Curriculum Challenge 2.1
(1) Write a program that draws 5 randomly positioned and sized red rectangles on a blue background.
(2) Draw a picture of a car using rectangles, ellipses and lines.
(3) Draw a map of your local area.
Basic Challenge 1
Write a program where the user enters 5 numbers and you calculate the sum (all added), product (all multiplied) and average.
Basic Challenge 2
Write a program with 4 buttons, one in each corner or the GraphicsWindow. They will:
- Change the background colour
- Make a sound
- Show an image in the middle of the GraphicsWindow
- Clear the GraphicsWindow, but not the buttons!
Intermediate Challenge 1
Write a program using the Controls methods to create a booking form for a hotel and store the results to a file to be printed.
Data fields include:
- Arrival date
- Departure date
- Number of adults and children
- Breakfast included or not
- Special requests
Intermediate Challenge 2
Open a text file, search it for some keywords and output any sentence containing the keywords.
The keywords should be set in another file, read by the program.
Physics Game Challenge
Make a simple table air hockey game for 2 players.
Write a program to calculate the sum of the first 100 prime numbers.
Draw an animation of a walking man.
Community Suggestion 1 (By Timo So)
Write a program that creates SmallBasic programs.
The user can input a set of commands like:
file C:\test.txt open
file C:\test.txt delete
image C:\test.jpg show
Your program will check for keywords and create a new SmallBasic program file that performs the operation and can be opened an run by SmallBasic.
Community Suggestion 2 (By Nonki)
(1) Make a head (or tail) command which the UNIX system has.
(2) Draw (or fill) a round-rectangle with parameters x, y, width, height and border-radius.
So head on over and check them out...
- Ninja Ed