Small Basic Tutorials

If you are looking for a self-paced learning or teaching Small Basic tutorial, check out http://www.computerscienceforkids.com/microsoft-small-basic.  Phil Conrod has a passion for writing tutorials and books aimed at beginner programmers and he’s done an excellent job of covering all the fundamentals of Small Basic programming.  He has also published a faithful port of David Ahl’s Computer Adventures for Small Basic.  Check it out for some cool game ideas!

1. ilikebasic says:

What a great tutorial! Comprehensive and informative. Phil Conrod's tutorial teaches more than the syntax but also program design.

2. Phil Conrod says:

If you liked our Begining Small Basic Programming Tutorial you are going to really like our new "Programming Kid Games with Microsoft Small Basic" Tutorial.  It picks up where our Beginning Small Basic Programming Tutorial left off.  We go into even more detail on program design, using Small Basic objects (including button controls), many elements of the Small Basic language, and how to share finished programs. Game skills learned include handling multiple players, scoring, graphics, animation, and sounds. Check the new tutorial out at our website: computerscienceforkids.com/ProgrammingKidGameswithMicrosoftSmallBasicTutorial.aspx

3. Lulu says:

I am definately interested..and am looking forward to checking it out. 😉

4. noob says:

i need to make a house in mircrosoft small basic, could you help me ??? :)

5. ... says:

they cost to much to buy

6. Simtandile says:

The aim is to familiarise on software development from A-Z im new to it but keen on getting to the world od software and gaming development.

7. I want to make a software in urdu language. says:

Hi,I Live in Pakistan and my national language is (Urdu).I want to make a Software in Urdu language but i have some problems with small basic software when i write in urdu language i found some erros.Pleas help me how i can make a software in Urdu?

8. Hello,

What kind of problems are you having in translating into Urdu?

Sandra Aldana – MSFT

9. aamir says:

I just started SB , when try to save and reopen the program , its gives prob,can't open direct by click the save program it ask select program to open etc. some one can help me.

10. Maria G says:

We just introduced 40 fourth and fifth graders to Small Basic in a lab setting and they loved it.  They wrote and ran 3 programs in 20 minutes.  They were thrilled with their accomplishments and began to get so innovative asking 'Can I do this…' and 'Look what I did'.

11. jade rankin says:

It is cool and i make loads of different shapes

12. Drew Bossert says:

Does anyone know of affordable tutorials for college students?

13. rken10r says:

How would you enter the formula for BMI in small basic?wt / ht* ht =

14. Philip Conrod says:

Hi Drew – Several beginning college student programming tutorials can be found at http://www.kidwaresoftware.com.  They include Visual Basic, Visual C# plus several others. -Philip

15. chanthala Phongsa says: