Teaching programming to kids

Lynn Langit and Llewellyn Falco are very active in the programming world, chasing their passion of teaching programming to kids.  They have been using Small Basic successfully, for over a year now, to introduce hundreds of kids to programming.  As an aid to help understand the programming concepts, they have created very interesting Small Basic recipes

Recently, they have put together a website (http://teachingkidsprogramming.org) where they have been adding content to both teachers and students.  It’s really cool – check it out.

1. Jeannie G. says:

This is great! I haventaught programming since PASCAL. This appears to be BASIC  and LOGO.

2. Evert Mouw says:

One of the great things about BASIC is that it is really easy for people who never programmed before. I learned someone how to program using FreeBASIC, and later learned her some C++. This new dialect, SmallBasic, would be useful for the same purpose. However, I can't live without the "print" statement, which was short, easy to type, and easy to remember. Maybe you can implement it as a shortcut – it would speed up text-based thinking and implementing algorithms that produce text output. It's a small thing, but can make quite a difference.

3. Robin Sauls says:

I am an Adult-who is wanting and learning to make Prototypes, and Programing to demonstrate operations of those systems I create-I sure need taught the basics!

4. aleksander says:

eg vil veldig gjerne lere meg dete programet så eg kan lage sims 3 ein dag

5. niki says:

this is an intresting program i love it

6. Cgagi Gladyng says:

does any one know a programmer who does mobile applications. Reach me at cgagi.worlds@gmail.com

7. Dantata says:

I want 2 be a programer and I don't know anything about programing…

I need solution..