Just an informal survey — I use some of our tools all the time, some rarely. I have my own nitpicks I’d like fixed and features I’d like to see added. But there’s no guarantee I see the world the way you do. What are your opinions?
Here are some ideas of my own, to get the conversation started:
- Remote regedit: Export/import data under a key. Track and report changes under a key.
- Remote performance monitor: More counters!
- Kernel profiler: UI in the remote tools menu in addition to the on-device control we already have.
- Remote kernel tracker… don’t even get me started, I love this tool but have lots of features I want added. What would YOU ask for?
- Does anybody use Remote Heap Walker??
- I’d say we need to add a memory visualization tool that shows you what parts of the VM space are used — something like “mi full” from the target control window.
- I also think we need to add a handle enumerator — eg. to find out what file handles are open (and by whom), window handles, etc.
Tell me what you think is most important! What’s the #1 debugging tool you wish you had? What’s the #1 feature our existing tools are missing?