Today the latest Microsoft Store opened in Lone Tree, CO at the Park Meadows Mall. Countless people were on-hand to be among the first to enter this amazing store. (I also heard that over 100 people camped out the night before? Ahh, the days of Window 95!)
Microsoft executives were in attendance, including Kevin Turner and Ray Ozzie. Kevin opened the store a little before 10AM, but not before giving away $350,000 in software to local organizations (KidsTek, Denver Museum of Nature & Science, and the Girl Scouts of Colorado).
Many local Microsoft employees were also at the opening to support our newest colleagues (they’re the ones in the bright shirts!) to the community.
Other notable attendees included the mayor of Lone Tree, the State Attorney General, local city council, and other.
Once the ribbon was cut, people poured into the new store!
Other items of note:
- The first 1000 visitors through the door received a swag bag containing a Microsoft Store t-shirt, Bing stress ball, Microsoft Store water bottle, Xbox game, and other assorted trinkets. Additionally, they received 2 wristbands providing VIP access to a Demi Lovato concert on Saturday.
- The store was decked out with items similar to other stores, including:
- 3 Surface machines
- a digital wall wrapping the store, made of over 100 individual screens
- the latest computers, laptops, netbooks, digital cameras, Zunes, accessories, etc.
- Several XBox setups, including Rockband (+ DJ)
- A giant 3D TV running Media Center
- Professional boarder Rob Dyrdek in the afternoon for autographs.
You can see many more pictures (and much more professionally done) at the MS store’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/MicrosoftStore.
It was amazing to see such a turnout for the opening of a retail store – an incredible rarity for Park Meadows! I hope everyone gets an opportunity to visit a store in your area. The employees are excited, educated, and ready to help!
Hope to see you there sometime…