You’ve probably read a lot about this already, so I’ll keep it short: VS 2010 Beta 2 is available via MSDN – details here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/dd582936.aspx. Full availability is scheduled for 10/21.
Here’s what you should do to get started:
- Visit the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 Beta site to download the Beta, submit feedback, go to forums, and find more information about the Beta.
- Check out Tips & Videos on installing the Beta
The New MSDN
MSDN and Visual Studio editions are getting facelifts. What’s happening to MSDN? Take a peek here: http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/msdn/default.mspx#roadmap
The biggest thing here is the new SKU changes we’re making in 2010. The “role-based” editions of Visual Studio and Team System has been revamped to more closely reflect SKU’s used by Windows and Office (Brian Harry posts details here):
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate with MSDN: the comprehensive suite of application lifecycle management tools for software teams to ensure quality results from design to deployment.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Premium with MSDN: a complete toolset for developers to deliver scalable, high quality applications.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional with MSDN: the essential tool for professional development tasks to assist developers in implementing their ideas easily.