How many people are going to see Star Trek this weekend? I'd like to, but there's lots of family stuff going on this weekend here, so maybe next weekend. If you're stuck at home (or don't like Star Trek) here's some links to keep you busy this weekend:
- Hyperagent.js: For working with HAL APIs in the browser.
- HeliosJS: An in-memory graph database for modern browsers.
- Why I decided to invent the wheel – Browser Databases: Yes, you read that correctly. Uses either WebSQL or IndexDB.
- Ruby 1.9.3-p429 released: Security fixes.
- Ruby 2.0.0-p195 released: Security fixes here too.
- Devise and Rails 4: Looks like the Devise folks are ready for Rails 4.
- Ruby Motion 2.0: Now with the ability to create native OS X applications.
- Introducing ProMotion, a full-featured RubyMotion application framework: Abstracting screen and navigation away in a ruby-like way.
- Getting started with Android Studio: A video on starting out with the new IDE.
- Node.js v0.10.6: Another week, another Node.js release.
- The road to Node.js v1.0: Video talk about plans for v1.0.
- Upgrading to Sublime Text 3: I still haven’t bitten the bullet on upgrading to the beta. Maybe this weekend.