It’s spring and everything is blooming where I live. Which means it’s also allergy season; I’ve been sneezing all morning. Hopefully you’re not allergic to some weekend reading, as we’ve got some good links today:
- Node v0.10.0 released: 0.10 is sort of a big deal. I’d recommend reading the release notes for this one. There’s also a document on API changes between v0.8 and v0.10.
- Using nConf and Azure to avoid leaking secrets on GitHub: nConf is definitely nice to use when you’re publishing to a Windows Azure Web Site.
- Websockets on Rails 4 and Ruby 2: A quick read on getting this set up, with an associated demo, and code.
- A Simplified Query Interface for Relationships in Active Record 4: Query across belong_to relationships without having to specify the foreign key.
- Upgrading Rails: Gems Extracted in Rails 4: When upgrading your Rails site to Rails 4, be aware that some functionality is no longer in core Rails.
- Sinatra 1.4.0, 1.3.6, 1.2.9 released: New versions of Sinatra are available.
- Microsoft Releases Kinect Code Samples To Open Source:It’s amazing the number of things people have used the Kinect for. Looks like there are some new learning resources in the form of 22 or so samples.