Today has been so busy I almost forgot to post the Friday links! I made it just in time though; here they are for your weekend reading:
- Scalable realtime services with Node.js, Socket.IO and Windows Azure: Justin Beckwith goes over how he implemented a scalable realtime application using Socket.IO and Windows Azure Service Bus.
- Confused about Components: An attempt to bring clarity into the sometimes confusing world of client-side development with components.
- Modern.IE: Nice post about the new Modern.IE site, which provides a suite of tools to help you test how your website will work in IE, even if you aren’t on a Windows machine.
- Rubygems.org compromised: Ouch! Thankfully it looks like all the data has been verified, but you might want to look into how to not rely on Rubygems.org for deployment. Just in case.
- Sublime Text 3 Beta: The first beta for Sublime Text 3 is now available.
- Rails 3.0.20 and 2.3.16 have been released: More security fixes for rails.
- Git support for Visual Studio – Git, TFS, and VS put into Context: You may have heard about the whole Visual Studio + Git thing earlier this week. Scott Hanselman puts it into context for you.
- Windows Azure Store: New add-ons and expanded availability: Scott Guthrie talks about recent updates to the store and new offerings.
- Windows Azure Web Sites Cheat Sheet: A cheat sheet for working with web sites using the command-line tools.