As you’ll see from this week’s links, Windows Azure and supporting (or at least related) projects continue to evolve at a rapid pace. Hopefully, these weekly reading lists will help in staying on top of it all…
- Windows Azure Interactive Feature Map: Jim O’Neil shares an interactive feature map of Windows Azure…great way to see the whole platform.
- MongoDB Seattle Recap: Doug Mahugh recaps a week of MongoDB-related activities around Seattle and Redmond.
- Announcing Windows Azure Web Sites Shared Plan, CodePlex, and GitHub(VIDEO): “In this episode, Cory and Brady welcome Nir Mashkowski back on the show to talk about …the new shared plan tier…and you’ll see how to map domain names to your shared sites as well as learn how to publish your sites using CodePlex and GitHub repositories.”
- Where can I store my Data on Windows Azure?: Cory Fowler provides a comprehensive overview of data storage options on Windows Azure.
- Managing Settings and Secrets (in Windows Azure Web Sites): Tips on how to use app settings in Windows Azure Web Sites to manage settings and secrets.
- Installing MediaWiki to free Windows Azure Web Sites | Installation de MediaWiki vers les Windows Azure Web Sites gratuits: Step-by-step instuctions (in both English and French) for installing MediaWiki on Windows Azure Web Sites.
- Node 0.8.11 (stable): Minor bugfix for a regression in 0.8.10.
- Windows Azure Mobile Services SDK open sourced on GitHub: “As part of our continuing commitment to open source, we are happy to announce today that the Mobile Services SDK will be available on GitHub, and as always we are welcoming community contributions.”
- Windows Azure Guest OS Releases and SDK Compatibility Matrix: Not sure this will impact anyone using OSS on Windows Azure, but some of the older Guest OS versions (Cloud Services thing) are being retired.
- Windows Azure rolls out commitment pricing: Get discounts for buying in making a monthly commitment of usage.
Have a great weekend!