Here in the Seattle area it already feels like autumn is in the air…and it’s not even September yet. Oh well, short summers are a way of life here (but they are good summers!). No matter, I’ve had plenty of good reading to keep me occupied…hope you find these articles as interesting/informative as I did…
- Using Node.js with Windows Azure SQL Database: This step-by-step tutorial will get you up to speed with using Node.js and Windows Azure SQL Database.
- Windows Azure Cloud Services and Virtual Networks: “Virtual Networks improves the composition of cloud services by allowing one or more of them to be added to a Virtual Network.” This tutorial provides context and shows you how to set up a Virtual Network.
- Windows Azure SDK for PHP with Anton Babadjanov (VIDEO): Anton Babadjanov shows you how to use the Windows Azure SDK for PHP to create a simple task list application.
- Cassandra on Azure CentOS VM: Nice overview of how to get Cassandra running on an Azure CentOS virtual machine.
- Windows Azure SDK for PHP – ‘PartitionKey’ property value must satisfy is_string: Cory Fowler points out what could be a “gotcha” when using the Windows Azure Table Service via PHP.
- Windows Server 2012 Available for Windows Azure!: Windows Server 2012 has some great features/improvements…and it’s now available in Windows Azure. (Great way to try it out.)
- Introducing Windows Azure Mobile Services: An interesting look at the development of newly-released Windows Azure Mobile Services by a Program Manager on the team that built it.
- Guest Post: Getting Started with New Relic on Windows Azure: A post on the Windows Azure blog by Nick Floyd, Senior Engineer at New Relic, detailing how to get started with New Relic and Windows Azure.
- Windows Azure Plugin for Eclipse with Java – August 2012 Preview: The Microsoft Open Technologies Inc. team has been busy updating the Windows Azure Plugin for Eclipse with Java.
Have a great weekend.