If this week’s list of interesting/informative reading is any indication of how busy people are, then it would appear that summer vacation is winding down. Lots of good stuff this week…enjoy (and learn)!
- New Java Resources for Windows Azure!: Walter Poupore outlines new resources for Java development on Windows Azure.
- Windows Cache 1.3 for for PHP 5.4: If you are a PHP developer and have been waiting for WinCache compatibility with PHP 5.4, now you've got it. While you can't use WinCache as a distributed cache in Windows Azure (you will want to use Memcache and Windows Azure Caching for that), you can use WinCache to improve performance in other ways. See Performance Tuning PHP Apps on Windows with Wincache for more information.
- How can I shake relational database thinking for designing an azure table storage datastore?: This is a good discussion on Stackoverflow about how to make the mental shift from RDMS thinking to Azure Table Storage thinking (i.e. NoSQL thinking).
- http://www.vsnomad.com/: If you use Visual Studio, this looks like an interesting extension for building cross-platform mobile apps.
- Node.js script for releasing a Windows Azure blob lease: "This post covers a workaround for an issue that may affect you if you’re deploying Windows Azure virtual machines from VHDs stored in Windows Azure blob storage. The issue doesn’t always occur (in fact, our team hasn’t been able to repro it), and it will be fixed soon. If you run into the issue, you can use any one of several workarounds covered below."
- How to use CakePHP on Windows Azure Web Sites: Cory Fowler walks you through getting started with CakePHP on Windows Azure Web Sites.
- Are node_modules in git still necessary with npm shrinkwrap? : Glenn Block talks about using npm shrinkwrap to lockdown your module dependencies.
- Node.js Love, PaaS Providers, Deploy part 1: Deploying node into PaaS.
Have a great weekend!