It's Friday the 13th, how many people worked from home to avoid the bad luck? 🙂 Hopefully this weeks links will be lucky (or at least informative and interesting) for you.
- Configuring a Custom Domain Name for a Windows Azure Web Site: New content on www.windowsazure.com that walks you through how to set up a custom domain name for a Windows Azure Website.
- MongoDB Installer for Windows Azure: Announcing the MongoDB Installer for Windows Azure that aims to streamline the setup, deployment, and development experience of MongoDB on Windows Azure.
- How to deploy a PHP Application using MongoDB on Windows Azure: " This tutorial shows you how to create a PHP application using a MongoDB replica set."
- Open Source in the Cloud: Microsoft at Solutions Linux and Open Source 2012: Frédéric Aatz, Director of Interoperability, Microsoft France, recaps his experience at the Solutions Linux and Open Source conference in Paris.
- Windows Azure is a 3-Lane Highway: How to Drive It: "With its recent expansion, Windows Azure (Microsoft’s public cloud platform) now supports 3 modes of cloud computing. In this post, we’ll explain the rules of the road using a highway metaphor. Which lane of this 3-way highway should you drive in, and what kind of vehicles are permitted in each lane?"
- Hosting Git on the Cloud with Windows Azure Virtual Machines (Part 1): "With the June release, we have announced a new feature for Windows Azure: persistent Virtual Machines..This opens a number of interesting scenarios. In this series, we will see how to leverage Windows Azure Virtual Machines to host a Git repository."
- Deploying AppFog Applications to Windows Azure (VIDEO): "AppFog has announced a new addition to its service that allows its customer to deploy their PHP, Node.js and .NET applications built with AppFog to Windows Azure. In this episode, we meet with Maciej Skeirkowski, AppFog's product director, as he introduces the functionality AppFog provides in their online toolset, and demonstrates how you can publish your AppFog applications to Windows Azure or migrate existing AppFog applications from Amazon Web Services to Windows Azure in just a few clicks."
- Announcing the Developer Preview of Windows Azure Active Directory: My favorite part of this post is a link, buried deep in the post, that takes you to a PHP sample that sets up a website to leverage Azure Active Directory (AAD).
- Mixing Node.js into Your Windows Azure Solution: Creating a Node.js application on Windows Azure that talks to an existing .NET service.
- Hadoop on Windows Azure: Lynn Langit walks through setting up Hadoop on Windows Azure.
Have a great weekend!