Whew! After the big push to get the latest updates to Windows Azure out the door and with the holiday season upon us, you can almost hear a collective exhale around here. But that won’t last for long…there are lots of updates to look forward to in the early part of next year (and lots of work to do between now an then!). Be sure to check out the new Windows Azure portal, and don’t miss the language-specific developer centers. Most of the links in this weeks list provide details about the many changes/additions that were made in this week’s Azure update. Enjoy…
- Openness Update for Windows Azure: Gianugo Rabellino, Sr. Director of Open Source Communities at Microsoft, highlights the advancements in support for OSS technologies on the Azure platform that were released in the latest update to Windows Azure.
- SQL Database Federations: Enhancing SQL to enable Data Sharding for Scalability in the Cloud: A high-level look at SQL Azure Federations.
- Building Large Scale Elastic Database Tiers with SQL Azure: Introducing Federations: More on SQL Azure Federations.
- MongoDB on Windows Azure: 10gen and Microsoft collaborate: On overview (with links) of the work 10gen and Microsoft have done to support MongoDB on Windows Azure.
- Node.js in Windows Azure (VIDEO): This is just for fun…4 min 20 sec of fast paced programming that will make you wish you knew Node.
- Node.js in Windows Azure, to the Cloud and Beyond! More about support for Node.js in Windows Azure, this time with more detail about what was added in the latest Azure update.
- Trying Out Hadoop on Azure: Lynn Langit's experience using Hadoop on Windows Azure.
- Windows Azure for PHP Developers: Michalangelo van Dam shares his experience in using Windows Azure for PHP applications.
Have a great weekend and a great holiday season.