Once again, here’s the list of interesting reading that Larry and I ran across this week in our travels across the web. My personal favorite is the first link…running memcached for PHP applications in Windows Azure…
- Running Memcached on Windows Azure for PHP: Need a distributed cache for PHP applications in Windows Azure? Check out this post.
- The Cloud Gourmet 30-Minute Meal: Simple Database Migration to SQL Azure: A look at using the SQL Azure Migration Wizard.
- Windows Azure Best Practices: A long(ish) list of things to keep in mind when building a Windows Azure application.
- Big Data and the Cloud – More Hype or a Real Workload? Buck Woody wonders “What is “Big Data”? What size hard drive is that? After all, my laptop has 1TB of storage – is my laptop “Big Data”?”
- Implementing Windows Azure Retry Logic: Although the code in this post is .NET, some of the concepts that are addressed are broadly applicable.
- Windows Azure Under the Hood: A PowerPoint deck (by Maarten Balliauw) that looks at how Windows Azure works under the hood.
- Taking Care of a Cloud Environment: Another PowerPoint deck (again by Maarten Balliauw) that examines how to keep an Azure application healthy.
- Real World: Windows Azure Storage Basics: This series of articles is a deeper look at Windows Azure storage than the title would suggest.
- What is Node.js? If you are curious about all the hype around Node.js, this article is a good place to start learning.
- This series of articles contains .NET examples, but the concepts are broadly applicable to building any cloud application:
- Ruby Monk: An interactive platform for learning Ruby.
- Connection Management with ActiveRecord: Best practices for connection management with Active Record.
- https://github.com/sleepyfox/coffeescript-koans: Learn CoffeeScript through testing.
- Announcing The New SQL Azure Data Sync CTP Release: The next Community Technology Preview (CTP) release of SQL Azure Data Sync is available. This release enables hybrid IT environments between on-premises and the cloud, geo-location, and synchronization with remote offices.
- Cloud Cover Episode 61 – Updates to SQL Azure Database with Roger Doherty (VIDEO): This 34-minute video takes a look at the recent updates to SQL Azure.
Have a great weekend.