Reasons given in no particular order:
- Scalable CPU, so if you get those 20,000 users suddenly paying for a subscription, you can handle it
- Scalable Leaderboard, everyone wants to know how they rate against the other players, even with goofy games, especially with goofy games
- Fast storage that that can be co-located close to your subscribers to solve latency problems
- Manageable costs, this will make your investors happy
- Extensive technology that uses a common language and tools
Seriously, give Tankster a try using one of the free Azure accounts, if you have MSDN, use your Azure accounts from MSDN or Bizspark.
Azure based game, tankster: