Attending MIX 2011? There’s an app for that!

If you’re planning on attending MIX 2011 conference in Las Vegas and if you own a Windows Phone, check out our new Conference Helper app for Windows Phone 7, that we just released to the marketplace. Conference Helper is a free app. You can get it either by searching in the marketplace or by downloading it from this link: http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=58d5ccf2-0854-e011-854c-00237de2db9e

You can use this application to:

• Browse sessions by dates and time
  • View keynotes
  • View sessions filtered by speakers and tags.
  • View session description
  • Create your own customized schedule by adding sessions to “My Sessions”
  • Search by keywords
  • Access sessions and schedule information even without Internet access
  • View maps of the conference center and the neighborhood.

The app uses the phone’s internet connection to automatically detect and download any changes or additions to the conference session information.

We also plan to release this app as a sample shortly. Keep checking this space for more updates.

-Nitya.

1. Renaud says:

I tried the app and I was clearly disapointed by the quality of it … Microsoft could have done a better job for their own event …

2. Greg Gum says:

Looks great.  Very useful!

Renaud, did you have anything in particular you wanted to see improved?  It looks awesome to me!

3. J Angwenyi says:

I installed the app. Its cool. How did you manage to pick the Phone's Accent Color for the Pivot Headers? Will you share source code at some poing?

4. J Angwenyi says:

I installed the app. Its cool. How did you manage to pick the Phone's Accent Color for the Pivot Headers? Will you share source code at some point?

5. coolapps says:

Love the app!.please share the source code – am curious about how you pulled off offline caching of sessions and syncing sessions on the fly (this morning when new phone sessions in the conference were announced the app automatically picked it up and merged it with the local cache).

Renaud – explain what you mean? i cant see any quality issues?

6. Nitya Ravi says:

Thanks for the comments/feedback.

@Renaud- Please let me know if you have specific feedback, that would be more helpful.

@Julius- Use a TextBlock as the PivotItem.Header, and set the foreground on the TextBlock to PhoneAccentBrush. Let me know if you need more details, I can create a separate post explaining this.

7. Julius Angwenyi says:

Yes please, I tried it but was not sure how to use TextBlock as the PivotItem.Header. I would appreciate sample code or post explaining how to do it.