Mime-Type are used to provide identifiers for file formats on the Internet.
By default, XAP files are not recognized as a Silverlight application in Tomcat or IIS 5.1. You can set a Mime-Type to identify XAP files on both servers.
Setting Mime-Type in Tomcat
in %TOMCAT_INSTALL%/conf directory, edit web.xml file. Add the following description to identify XAP files
- Restart Tomcat and clear your navigator cache,
- get a XAP file to ensure that the Mime-Type is correctly set
Setting Mime-Type in IIS 5.1
- Open the IIS Management Console
- Open your Web Site properties, under HTTP Headers click on File Types button
- In the File Types window, click New Type to add a new Mime-Type
- Get a XAP file within IIS to ensure that the Mime-Type is correctly set